,
Message sent from:

Garland Junior School

Garland School is the continuation of Mrs Bland’s Parochial School, opened in 1873 on the site of the present Bland’s Court in Reading Road.  The school moved to Mrs Bland’s School's present location in 1962.  In June 1966 the junior section of Mrs Bland’s School left the Infants and moved to our Clayhill Road site.

The two schools aim to function as a primary school sharing the same philosophies of education.  We have close curricular and pastoral links with Mrs Bland’s Infant School and The Willink.  The Headteachers work very closely together with the staff to ensure the continuation of education from 4-18 years.

The main school has a central hall with four corridors leading from it. Each corridor contains two classrooms and its own cloakroom facilities. Classrooms are large and equipped with an Interactive Whiteboard, access to the internet and a range of stimulating resources.  There is a dedicated ELSA room,  a library area and two smaller classrooms which are used by groups of children working with Teaching Assistants and volunteer helpers.

X
Hit enter to search